I've been holidaying around Scotland for a week and half now and loving it. Two of the guys I worked with back in Perth are getting married in Scotland two weeks apart, so I decided to stay up here between the two weddings and see a bit of the highlands.
After Johno's wedding last Saturday, I joined a 6-day Haggis Tour of the highlands. The tour came highly recommended by Elisha and she was absolutely right - I've never done a better tour (thanks Leesh!). As with most tours I seem to go on anywhere around the world, it was mostly Aussies with a couple of Canadians and Americans thrown in and a random Dutchman on this particular tour. But what a brilliant group of people. We all got along so well and had a great time exploring the highlands together. Even though Dad rattles on about beautiful Scotland constantly, I still had no idea it was so breathtaking. Every day consisted of bus rides through the rugged and remote bens, glens and lochs and every night consisted of finding the 'local' and having a few drinks.
I fell in love with the hairy coos and I actually got to meet a hairy coo called Hamish - I'm thinking he could be the perfect match for Morag! I've taken a picture for her to see if he takes her fancy! Personally I think he's gorgeous and I want one!

Despite it being the middle of summer over here, there wasn't one day of the tour that I went out without my ski jacket, scarf and umbrella!! Edinburgh isn't so cold but it has rained constantly every day I've been here.
6 comments:
Hi Bron,
This is Honey. I am just reading your blog for the first time. Good luck. Honey
Bron,
I always knew you had a weak spot for big hairy things.....
I cant believe you saw the queen. I think that is the most exciting thing...possibly ever. Your tour sounds great too but Bron- the queen! You are one step closer to becomming a real princess and not just looking like one! (Sorry, but i never tire of a Princess Mary jab).
It sounds like you are having a ball, unemployment sure sounds fun! Enjoy your last few days in Scotland.
Bron,
I got your blog from Andy and I want you to consider the job offer just one more time....the pay is reasonable,bonuses are great and you can basically work the hours you want.We provide snacks,any drinks you want and taxis if any of the customers are acting a bit too familiar.All you need to do is get your own cossie,trim up that tummy and work on the poll routine the way I showed you.Soho has great public transport and plenty of Indian restaurants so the job has a lot going for it.Give me a call when you get back from Scotland.
Boris.
Bon,
Eagles lost.....wait for it....to Brisbane.Absolute crap game.Had dinner with Ben Cousins afterwards at Rialtos so that picked us up a bit.
Hey there Bron,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Haggis tour. Not sure where the 6 day one goes, but I think most of them have a stop on the Isle of Skye and overnight at Kyleakin...if this was the case, did you do a "saucy mary"? Heehee.
Cheers,
Leesh
Post a Comment