Well the hectic pace of life has continued. Hayley and I are now happily set up in our flat after getting the keys on Friday. Moving house with only the tube for transport isn't an experience I ever want to repeat! We have been good locals and stocked up on the pimms, lemonade, strawberries and cucumber for the traditional English alcoholic punch.
Toots and Trev have been in London over the weekend so we did the pom thing and had a curry and pint with them on Friday night, wandered around the Borough Markets on Saturday morning (an amazing food market) and then Toots and I did high tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace on Sunday afternoon.
The ex-E&Y crew living in London caught up for an afternoon at the pub yesterday so after high tea we joined them at a pub down on the Thames for a few drinks and a bit of Trev's singing. It was so good to catch up with everyone. Some that I haven't seen for years! I also picked up some good advice for job hunting from the seasoned professionals!
Thanks for all the news of home guys, keep the comments and emails coming.
xx
Monday, June 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Bronwyn and Toots,
If you two are at a loose end here in London why don't you pop in for some tea and scones with Charles and me at Kensington.Goodness I could do with a bit of relief from HRH's babbling on about polo and the odd weekend hunt with the damn dogs.Do come along and make yourselves right at home.
Camilla Parker-Bowles xxxx
Post a Comment