NEW NEW NEWS ... macneil travel tales in effect ... Portland wins draft lottery, will pick first (Greg Oden? Kevin Durant!) ... highly anticipated Jeff Strong debut album launch - Sat. June 23 @ the Hyde Park Hotel ... eagles rule the afl ... European Foods Wholesalers: Staff Wanted Ph: +61 8 9227 2291 ... tenants at 5 Ruby St, Nth Perth pass rent expection ... Bodie & TJ evicted from Big Brother 2007 in Sunday's double eviction

Thursday, June 14

Bron's Update

Okay people, that's more than enough of James - it's my turn!!

It's hard to believe that Hayley and I have been in London for less than a week. It feels like at least a month and I feel surprisingly settled. It has been a crazy time.

We have managed to find a gorgeous little two-bedroom flat in Fulham after seeing some horrors. It is within walking distance of some great restaurants and bars and has a back courtyard for the odd bbq. What more could we need! The bad news is we can't move in until our funds transfer from Australia goes through and we're not quite sure how long that takes. But my trusty banking advisor (Jo) is on the case. What would I do without her!

Also, despite my best efforts to stay unemployed for a while longer, I have had recruiters phoning every 5 minutes with job opportunities and I have job interviews set up for the next few days.

In between flat hunting and fielding calls from recruiters I did manage a mini break in Oxford to visit James and Liz and escape the rat race in London. What a brilliant town! All the students are having their final exams at the moment and they actually have to sit their exams in their robes, bow-tie and tails. It makes it kind of easy to pick out the students from the tourists!

So I think that just about wraps up my 6 days in the UK! I will try and upload some photos when I get my own computer but in the meantime I will try and blog on a more frequent basis.

7 comments:

maclovenotwar said...

yeah, you unemployed lay about!

Anonymous said...

Bon,
many thanks for taking the Scottish side and acknowledging that London is full of rats.Rob Roy had some unkind things to say about the English and I am so glad the same feelings are coursing thro' your veins.Up the mighty Scots!

Rabbi Burns(jewish)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bron, good luck with your interviews.
If I can convince the Rabbi to change long service leave to 10 years not 14 i might see you in a year :)
"The Great 9"(Australian)

Anonymous said...

OK Sheree fess up thats your blogg complaining about my work place agreements.As far as I am aware,the AWA you signed was word for word the same as those used at MCdonalds when thet employ 9 year olds.So we don't have long service leave.You bargained that condition away when I agreed to provide you with toilet facilities in the Bridgetown workplace.It does not matter that they were shared facilities with How Hard Evans they were fantastic facilities.So dont make any plans too soon.I think you even bargained away your annual rec leave too.

John Adolf Howard

Anonymous said...

Hey there Bron, so good to get the news that you have found a place - your dad is so relieved too as he phoned G'ma and told her the update and she said how happy he sounded. Job-wise too, thought you'd have no trouble either - good to know you are taking SOME time off on holiday. G'ma told me to let you know she sends you her love and best wishes and she is also very pleased to hear everything is going A-ok FOR YOU - This 'blog' sure is the way to go - even to catch Jame's news too - interesting !!!
I must apologise Bron for not being able to speak at the airport when we were saying cheeri-O, I felt like a real pill - but at least was able to have a chat before you left. Look after yourself and have fun, as I'm sure you will be. Sounds amazing.
Love from all the elliotts at 286

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis,

I dont know how many times I have told you to give up those pills.I understand how the airport stress made you feel like a real pill(instead of the placebos)but hey if Ben has to give them up,you can too.

John Worsfold

Anonymous said...

Dear Docker supporters,

The weekend saw another coaching debacle as the Dogs beat the crap out of us up in Darwin.I apologise for the biggest stuff up of a match-up when I initially thought young Thornton could match it with Johnson the Dogs Captain.I admit I was a bit worried when Johnson was BOG in the 1st and 2nd quarters but our level of unbridled optimism knows no bounds down at Freo.Johnson was still BOG in the 3rd and 4th quarters with no move from the coaches(as they all had ice vests wrapped around their heads).That mental stuff up would be the worst piece of coaching in 2007 so take a bow Chris.Now whilst we are on the Dockers....can anyone tell me the one place you will find a fight at 2 am in Darwin? Come on down Alan Piper....your right,at a night club.So can anyone tell me why the assistant coach Harvey and some players were at a nightclub after the game?I give up on Freo...they are dumb shmucks who can't think their way out of the mess they are in....James are there any rappers in the US who play ball for a ghetto that we could draft into Freo to lift the overall IQ of that outfit? How can they possibly criticise Farmer for smacking a bouncer when half the team were out on the piss after the game? Take a huge bow all Freo supporters for supporting a club that has no idea where the "exit" sign is.

Robert Walls